Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AMK compressor with RS sliders?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW

any of you LR3 guys have the newer AMK compressor installed with RS sliders? i still have the old hitachi compressor in my 06 RRS which seems to have finally gone belly up amazingly at 155k (suspension fault and on bump stops past 2 days). it's at Cerrone's right now. frank just called and said the new AMK compressor comes with a bracket that sits right on the RS sliders. he tried playing with the bolts to get it fit as far up as possible but the sliders still won't fit. he's able to source the original hitachi compressor from AB and that's the current route we're going, but wondering if anyone has done anything else. posted on RR.net and someone said an LR3 guy was considering cutting out the plate and welding a protector, which sounds more trouble than going the old compressor route. unfortunately, the time spent trying to fit the AMK is driving the labor costs way up. and this is before doing any more work on the D90. sigh.

Edited by Phil., 20 November 2015 - 03:23 PM.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I haven't tried RS sliders but I've done both compressors with TR sliders and yes, I had to make some mods to fit the new compressor.  

FWIW, if you're sure it's a compressor it's easy to change in the driveway, couple hours max.  I have my old compressor and a full rebuild kit for it (new desicant, piston ring, and metal cover to replace the crack-prone plastic one) that I've been meaning to rebuild and have around as a spare but of course never got around to.  I'm sure I could beat their price.... :)

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW

Thanks Don. At this point, for my RRS it's more than just a compressor since stuff that needed to be cut to fit the AMK need to be uncut to fit the new/old Hitachi. Since it's already apart at Cerrone's and parts on order, I'm likely pot committed there. If this was my driveway, I'd be all over it.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users