Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3 driveshaft center support

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Last month I changed the driveshaft on my LR3 as the center support bushing had failed.  This is a semi-common failure on these trucks.

I put a generic driveshaft in that's doing it's job but I haven't beat on it too hard yet so don't hold your breath.  At least it's doing better than the generic half-shaft I installed.  :)

Now that I'm not pressed for time I thought I'd go ahead and rebuild the stock driveshaft to have as a spare.  I see the center support bushing is available from AB for $100, minus the usual 10% discount code call that $90 + shipping.

Graeme, I always ask you about stuff then don't order it from you because I'm in a hurry.  This time there's no rush - do you have one available?

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Last month I changed the driveshaft on my LR3 as the center support bushing had failed.  This is a semi-common failure on these trucks.

I put a generic driveshaft in that's doing it's job but I haven't beat on it too hard yet so don't hold your breath.  At least it's doing better than the generic half-shaft I installed.   :)

Now that I'm not pressed for time I thought I'd go ahead and rebuild the stock driveshaft to have as a spare.  I see the center support bushing is available from AB for $100, minus the usual 10% discount code call that $90 + shipping.

Graeme, I always ask you about stuff then don't order it from you because I'm in a hurry.  This time there's no rush - do you have one available?

Don,

Part number?  I have another order going in tomorrow ....

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I don't know if there's a LR part number since I think they consider the shaft non-serviceable and just replace as a unit.

Here's the AB link.  There are probably other sources as well but I haven't dug around too much.

http://www.roverpart...ts/TVB500390BRG

Looks like their number is TVB500390BRG

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

I don't know if there's a LR part number since I think they consider the shaft non-serviceable and just replace as a unit.

Here's the AB link.  There are probably other sources as well but I haven't dug around too much.

http://www.roverpart...ts/TVB500390BRG

Looks like their number is TVB500390BRG

Don,

RoverWare.US can do an OEM shaft, complete for $410.  I'll make a call tomorrow for the bearing.  I estimate around 75-80 based on the old GKN pricelist.  Almost all of your drive train is GKN or Dana.

Graeme

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

For $75-80 I'll have one please.

Don

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Hey Graeme, did you find out about the bearing?  If you can get it just give me a  price and ETA, otherwise I'm going to order one from AB in the next couple days.

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Hey Graeme, did you find out about the bearing?  If you can get it just give me a  price and ETA, otherwise I'm going to order one from AB in the next couple days.

Don,

Give me a day or two longer and I might have something.

Regards,

Graeme

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Don,

Give me until next Tuesday.  I may have the deal of a lifetime for you .... but need to check that it really is the correct part.

Graeme

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Don,

Give me until next Tuesday.  I may have the deal of a lifetime for you .... but need to check that it really is the correct part.

Graeme

Don,

$78 plus the government's bit.  I may be able to give you -8% on that (depending upon customs and a deal I'm doing with my supplier).  I'll give you a "coupon code" if that works out.  Will be about 2 weeks.  No commitment needed as it will be a stock item for us.

Graeme

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

*grumble, mutter, stupid local sales tax, grumble*

Yeah, hook me up.  I doubt I'll get around to it before the next couple weeks anyway.

Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users