Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Blue Seas dual USB charger

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

A while back Nick and I were discussing USB charging ports and he mentioned he'd picked up some BlueSeas dual chargers PN 1016 I believe.  It's got 2 ports but is limited to 2.1 amps and wouldn't properly charge his tablet.  He also found when using it he gets noise in his radio.  At that time we also noted that they showed a higher output model 'soon to be released'.

Yesterday I talked to a BlueSeas rep (his last name is Ascencio-Hall - I kid you not) about them and he told me the new fast charger was out, PN 1045.  it's 4.8 amps, so more than double the earlier one.  I asked him about radio interference and he said they knew the old one had caused some problems and specifically worked to keep the circuit on this one 'cleaner'.  I went ahead and picked one up for future installation in my LR3.  It will be a couple weeks before I get around to doing the install but I thought I'd let you guys know they claim to have addressed the issues with the old part on the new one.

• Disco2Guy and Jethro like this

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

I picked up a multiport USB charger that has one port as a quick charger for the Samsung phones/tablets using Qualcomm 2.0 and the other ports at 2 amps. The quick port charges at like 9v and gives my phone a 50% charge in like 30 minutes. I needed ports for the kids kindles, especially before the Baja trip. I tapped into the 12v accessory port in my rover.

I will be putting in a set in the LR3 as well, but not sure where to tap into or run the wires yet. I may wire one to the rear of the vehicle and one to the front. Keep us posted as to how you install them.

I also bought some BlueSea USB ports (the old ones) and won't be installing them. I feel they are way overpriced and always a step behind the technology.

2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

This is the unit I bought. Cut off the accessory port and installed Anderson plugs. Permanently mounted it in my center console. Running 3 usb cables to the rear and one long one to the front for my phone. The only thing I didn't like about the box, is that it is bulky and could be half the size.

http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o08_s00

• DHappel likes this
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

This is the unit I bought. Cut off the accessory port and installed Anderson plugs. Permanently mounted it in my center console. Running 3 usb cables to the rear and one long one to the front for my phone. The only thing I didn't like about the box, is that it is bulky and could be half the size.

http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o08_s00

I'll bookmark that for later.  Right now I like the fact that I can fit the round BlueSeas charger in the stock 12v plug location but since I often have 3 things plugged in I might add something like this later.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Update. Lucy has the new version released now. I called their tech support and they admitted the old units for something they sourced from another manufacturer that they did not make themselves. They graciously replace all of the old ones I had with the new style no questions asked. I install them and I can verify that I don't get any interference on my FM or AM radio anymore. Yay. They are also a 4.8 amp USB charger.

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
By the way if anyone wants my old ones I have several of them that be free to a good home

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover

By the way if anyone wants my old ones I have several of them that be free to a good home

I'll take dibs on one :D

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Finally.... Thanks for the update. I too was looking at those ratings and never pushed to buy one before. But now I guess I have to get at least one. I don't own a Apple and those products ( cough.... Clears throat) aren't my style. But I know what more power means to guys like us. (Insert Home improvement theme song here)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users