Ugh; headlight bulbs went out on my 2004 DII. God thing it happened before the Baja trip. Time to get replacement bulbs + spares!
Started with the left or driver side a month; figured wait till the rain stops and then will replace. Then last night the right side went out.
Is removing and replacing the bulbs as easy as the following:
1. Open the hood and then remove 2 bolts and 2 phillip head bolts from the plastic plate holding the top of the headlight unit and remove the plate.
2. Remove the grill by removing 3 plastic screws holding top of grill and pull the grill up and out.
3. Open the plastic plate (no tool required) located on the grill side of headlight unit and unscrew the phillips head bolt that holds the bottom of the unit in place.
4. Pull the headlight unit forward.
5. Turn the round cap behind the bulb to be replaced counterclockwise and remove.
Note: Be sure not to touch the glass part of the or get it wet.
Seems easy; any surprises for those who have replaced one or both?