Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rr sport drivers window inoperable

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

alpaca

alpaca

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Drivers window stopped working- I changed motor but that did not fix the problem - switch is ok - I read a post somewhere that water in the passenger footwell will eventually corode the wiring and cause this problem. Yes , I have been getting water there Over the winter - finally blew out sunroof drains so I hope that problem is fixed.

Do you lr3 owners have advice on how to pull the passenger side plastic panel on floor at door jam and lift up the carpet to access wiring loom ? Does it just pop up with a screw driver under ? I don't want to break any plastic tabs if I can avoid ...

Thx

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2006 RRS
2002 911

2003 E46
2008 C300

2015 Cherokee

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Yes, I'm pretty sure it just pops out.  It's held in by clips similar to what hold other interior trim parts in.  The catch is sometimes you break the metal clips in the process of removing them.  

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

William Stephenson

William Stephenson

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • San Francisco
  • p38a 4.6

open both front and rear doors. Push up and then around the B pillar. The springs usually stay down and fall under the carpet :(

alpaca

alpaca

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

OK - finally opened my passenger side door sill to fix the wiring bundle - DIY below - not sure how similar it is on LR3 - but i'm guessing its close ..

To access the loom

1. Remove b pillar trim panel on side of pillar between front and back door. There are 4 push clips holding it on - i used a plastic trim tool to pry off each corner and it comes off easily 

2. Use the trim tool to lever up the long plastic cover that runs across the door jambs - it is held in place with tabs that slot into metal clips below. It should just pop up. 

3. Now you should see the black plastic cover over the wiring loom. It is held down with three white push pins - i removed those by using screw driver to pop up the pins - takes a bit of force . then you can lift the cover up starting at the front using the trim tool as a lever - you dont need to remove it : or remove the seatbase plastics- just pull it up enough to see the loom.

4. There were two splice bundles on top of my loom : fairly easy to see. One was purple wires, the other the black^grey ones we are looking for: about half way along the door.

5. Probably good to have battery disconencted at this point- then carefully pull the splice bundle through the wrap that holds it to the loom. Hard to see any issue or damage at this point. I cut the three wires at end of the heat shrink : and yes - then you might see some corrosion in there.

6. Carefully strip back 1/2 in or so of each wire with wire stripper - twist the ends together and solder them to make good connection :heartsicon_sad.gifi used aluminum foil to protect thr area around the wires i was soldering. Put heat shrink on the end (i got bag of various sizes at frys ) and use soldering iron to shrink it down and close the ends

7. Now reconnect the battery and test the window. Mine was fixed like magic !

8. Put wires back down into loom cavity, put black plastic cover on and press three white push pins to hold it in place. Make sure the metal clips ate in place that hold the next piece down.

9. Put plastic cover back down over door jamb and then b pillar cover back - carefully aligning clips with holes .

Top job as they say on wheeler dealers

paperclip.png Attached Images187465d1462143752-front-windows-will-not

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2006 RRS
2002 911

2003 E46
2008 C300

2015 Cherokee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users