Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Did You Do With Your Rover Today?

* * * * - 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

First, I took a sledge and piece of 2x4 to the slider on the D1 ... now the passenger door doesn't rub when opening.  :)

Then I got the '88 RRC out, put some fresh gas in it, pumped a couple shots of grease into the u-joints, hosed it off, and took it for a little spin in prep for passing it along to a new owner.  I really like this truck, and it drives pretty well.  But with the D1 'roadster' I don't think I'll be building it into the crawler I had originally planned.   Besides, I still have the Portland RRC to play with should I feel the need.  :)

https://goo.gl/photo...gisQ5puk6CFp616

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Then I got the '88 RRC out, put some fresh gas in it, pumped a couple shots of grease into the u-joints, hosed it off, and took it for a little spin in prep for passing it along to a new owner.  I really like this truck, and it drives pretty well.  But with the D1 'roadster' I don't think I'll be building it into the crawler I had originally planned.   Besides, I still have the Portland RRC to play with should I feel the need.   :)

https://goo.gl/photo...gisQ5puk6CFp616

Don,

Sounds like a John Deere engine is installed ...

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I assume you're talking about the noise of the broken speedo cable?  Otherwise, you've got some pretty good ears to pick up something wrong with the motor in those videos!

Don

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Besides, if it WAS a Deere, I'd have to charge extra.  After all, people are all worked up about wanting diesels in their Rovers on this side of the pond!

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

I assume you're talking about the noise of the broken speedo cable?  Otherwise, you've got some pretty good ears to pick up something wrong with the motor in those videos!

Don,

Oh, is that what it was?  Sounded terrible!

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Yes, that's why the GPS.  Speedo was in/op when I got it.  Sounds worse in the video than reality but you certainly hear the cable rotating around back there.  tack tack tack tack...

Don

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified

Re-painted the rear bumper and had to use the Hi-Lift and ratchet strap to get the slider parts into position. In between that, Bill Wester and I figured out how to install the Terratrip in Erin's rig for the Rebelle Rally.

Attached Files

• Jethro likes this

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Re-painted the rear bumper and had to use the Hi-Lift and ratchet strap to get the slider parts into position. In between that, Bill Wester and I figured out how to install the Terratrip in Erin's rig for the Rebelle Rally.

Hmmm...it looks like both legs are in use in that pic.

• Disco2Guy and Jethro like this

Don

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Don it looks like you got that lawn mower issue sorted out. 

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

I started the Rover yesterday after almost a month, for whatever that's worth. :lol:

• Jethro likes this

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

girlrvr

girlrvr

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • SF
  • KM6KGB
  • 1995 D1 (current)
  • 2000 D2 (previous)

installed the poultry flooring. roof rack looking pretty sweet :-)

https://drive.google...aEp5dkw2dkxsYlU

https://drive.google...NEZvX19pZUYyNHc

ps: still deciding on the gap at the front. if i don't fill it in, i have one 2'x4' piece for sale :-)

pps: so, in this forum, you insert pics as links, yes? i couldn't find a "attachment" icon. plmk!

• Disco2Guy, psykokid, Jethro and 1 other like this

++++++++++++

jeanne

current source of joy/misery: '95 D1

Mr.BlueSky

Mr.BlueSky

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Sunnyvale, CA
  • KM6JZP
  • 1987 Defender 110 Ex-MoD

installed the poultry flooring. roof rack looking pretty sweet :-)

https://drive.google...aEp5dkw2dkxsYlU

https://drive.google...NEZvX19pZUYyNHc

ps: still deciding on the gap at the front. if i don't fill it in, i have one 2'x4' piece for sale :-)

pps: so, in this forum, you insert pics as links, yes? i couldn't find a "attachment" icon. plmk!

This looks excellent! Never though of using poultry flooring.  :lol:

This last weekend Theresa and I scrubbed out the Defender, tracked down some rattles, ordered far too many parts, and did an oil change. As an added bonus we got booted from the HOA guest parking spot :mellow: for scrubbing the interior....

If only my garage were taller...

• Jethro likes this

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Don it looks like you got that lawn mower issue sorted out. 

ha....yes.  Snapper 0, Honda 1

Even broke out the weed eater and trimmed up the edges.  How domestic of me.

Don

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

This looks excellent! Never though of using poultry flooring.  :lol:

This last weekend Theresa and I scrubbed out the Defender, tracked down some rattles, ordered far too many parts, and did an oil change. As an added bonus we got booted from the HOA guest parking spot :mellow: for scrubbing the interior....

If only my garage were taller...

Has anybody ever NOT complained about HOAs??

If only you knew somebody who had a shop and was willing to let Rover people come play in it.   :)

Edited by DHappel, 27 June 2017 - 01:01 PM.

• Jethro likes this

Don

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Changed injectors last night with a low mileage set I was given some time back. While I was in there I cleaned the throttle body, bypassed the throttle body heater, and changed a leaky drivers side valve cover gasket.

Tonight I pulled the inspection cover on the trans and checked the reluctor tabs on the flex plate to make sure none were bent or otherwise looking worse for wear. Spacing was consistent and pretty close to spec of 4.5mm all throughout. Fixed passenger rear window regulator with a couple of fifty cent nylon washers.

Need to replace my front motor mounts, again... hopefully the JAG V12 mounts I picked up will last a bit longer. And I might just have time to do my headliner and reinstall it before we lave to make the drive up to Lassen via Paradise this weekend. 

• AlysonH and Jethro like this

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Changed injectors last night with a low mileage set I was given some time back. While I was in there I cleaned the throttle body, bypassed the throttle body heater, and changed a leaky drivers side valve cover gasket.

Tonight I pulled the inspection cover on the trans and checked the reluctor tabs on the flex plate to make sure none were bent or otherwise looking worse for wear. Spacing was consistent and pretty close to spec of 4.5mm all throughout. Fixed passenger rear window regulator with a couple of fifty cent nylon washers.

Need to replace my front motor mounts, again... hopefully the JAG V12 mounts I picked up will last a bit longer. And I might just have time to do my headliner and reinstall it before we lave to make the drive up to Lassen via Paradise this weekend. 

So productive!

I ordered a 1/4 wave mag mount antenna to try out....

• Jethro likes this

Don

Mr.BlueSky

Mr.BlueSky

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Sunnyvale, CA
  • KM6JZP
  • 1987 Defender 110 Ex-MoD

Has anybody ever NOT complained about HOAs??

If only you knew somebody who had a shop and was willing to let Rover people come play in it.   :)

This sounds a bit like an offer  ;)

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

$%&#!!! Went to go get the truck smogged this morning and every thing was looking good.. Readiness monitors set, checked for codes and all was good. Smog guy pulls it into the bay and was letting it idle and it popped a CEL before he hooked it up.  Of course.. like I didn't have enough crap to worry about..

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

$%&#!!! Went to go get the truck smogged this morning and every thing was looking good.. Readiness monitors set, checked for codes and all was good. Smog guy pulls it into the bay and was letting it idle and it popped a CEL before he hooked it up.  Of course.. like I didn't have enough crap to worry about..

I feel your pain brother...

Don

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

This sounds a bit like an offer  ;)

Absolutely.  I'm always willing to help a fellow Rover owner out when I can.  

• AlysonH likes this

Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users