Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Did You Do With Your Rover Today?

* * * * - 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Started on oil pump and timing chain .Pump was broken into 3 parts and timing chain was super lose.now just doing clean up and bolt her back together. 

Saw the pic you posted on instgram. No wonder you had low oil pressure.

• Jethro likes this

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Basically all holes are offset by a hair, but enough that the pin now can't thread all the way through. 

So, I have to either grind down the bolt heads... or enlarge the shackle mount hole. 

Or get some soft shackles...

lutz

lutz

NCLR053/SCLR

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Grover Beach CA
  • KK6QGU
  • 2004 Discovery 2
  • 1999 Discovery 2
  • 2008 LR3

Saw the pic you posted on instgram. No wonder you had low oil pressure.

Well shes back together but still has low pressure. Im at 7psi at idle and 35 at 2k. She sounds great so will see how long she last. Time to start looking for a series  B)

• Jethro likes this

KK6QGU
04 Discovery 2-Trail truck- RTE 3in with fox 2.0 shocks, $g rear cones ,$G front bumper with Warn XD9000i custom rear,ARB's air lockers F&R with Ashcroft 4.12 w/reverse cut front , Ashcroft HD axles/CV's, RTE diff guards F&R , Max Yedor HD tie rod and track rod,custom watts, 255/85-16 MAXXIS MT-762 BIGHORN

99 Discovery 2 -Parts truck

2008 lr3

http://www.pacificadventuretours.com/

Jethro

Jethro

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Roseville
  • KK6ZBT
  • '11 LR4
  • '96 Discovery

Well shes back together but still has low pressure. Im at 7psi at idle and 35 at 2k. She sounds great so will see how long she last. Time to start looking for a series B)

Definitely on my bucket list to build!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Elherbinator

Elherbinator

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • San jose
  • Discovery 2
Added some tow points to the rear today. Got these tabs from eBay for $25. I think the placement will work out ok. I would have preferred a spot in the middle, but it wasn't really going to work.a1c8242d0ccdaba53aa2ea6befbbda07.jpg49e445e44dea5899adec362bae10a79d.jpgae55b86a432d38a42cfac495dc567e4c.jpg7be7efc1d92518f4d35bc85940ae0247.jpgaa80a49ad7c53f6873d748185c6a78b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Wish you could have gotten those more 'in-line' with the direction of pull.  I'm a bit worried that under heavy load they'll want to twist/tear out.  No doubt the part itself is more than strong enough, and the weld may also take the load fine, but the lever-arm could buckle the frame.

At that location I don't think you had much other options short of building up some significant structure, and most likely it'll be fine, but I'd keep an eye on the frame if you put a heavy load on those points.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Elherbinator

Elherbinator

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • San jose
  • Discovery 2

Wish you could have gotten those more 'in-line' with the direction of pull. I'm a bit worried that under heavy load they'll want to twist/tear out. No doubt the part itself is more than strong enough, and the weld may also take the load fine, but the lever-arm could buckle the frame.

At that location I don't think you had much other options short of building up some significant structure, and most likely it'll be fine, but I'd keep an eye on the frame if you put a heavy load on those points.

I agree. I didn't see any better option with my set up though. I may be able to fab a gusset with some 1/4" I have laying around, but I'm not sure if it's needed. I'll probably just do it once football season is over and my sundays are open

• Jethro likes this

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,454 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

I'll probably just do it once football season is over and my sundays are open

A man with priorities.

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

Elherbinator

Elherbinator

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • San jose
  • Discovery 2
Got off work a little early today and finished up the gussets on the tow points. Should be able to handle anything I can throw at it now, or at least I hope so. I guess my priorities go 1-football, 2-rover, 3-work?db89540af437603253dd3a11d50e4cfd.jpg5ad16629a054f8663762545a764cbb92.png

Edited by Elherbinator, 14 December 2017 - 05:44 PM.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

As an added bonus, that gusset will act as a slide to help prevent the tab from 'hooking' should you somehow manage to get a rock up there.

Don

Jethro

Jethro

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Roseville
  • KK6ZBT
  • '11 LR4
  • '96 Discovery
I finally got around to getting my dif guards back on last night!

Been a giant pita, should have just listened to Don and drilled the holes and retapped to a M10 vs messing with what we thought was M9 but turned out to be bsf 3/4 by 20.

I actually bought the bolts twice as I didn’t realize the first ones were 2”. So finally got them returned new 1” arrived this week.

Next time I’ll upgrade to a metric bolt...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Have Drill (and tap).  Will Travel.

BTW, I have some stuff for you at my place.  We need to hook up and get that up your way. 

Edited by DHappel, 16 December 2017 - 03:15 PM.

• Elherbinator likes this

Don

Jethro

Jethro

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Roseville
  • KK6ZBT
  • '11 LR4
  • '96 Discovery

Have Drill (and tap). Will Travel.

BTW, I have some stuff for you at my place. We need to hook up and get that up your way.

I’m off the week of Christmas to new year’s, so I’ll find a day that works and come on down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users