Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Protect / Move Washer Fluid Reservoir - DII

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cjohanson

cjohanson

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • San Francisco
  • 2002 Discovery II
  • Someday - '67 IIA 88

Hey anyone added any protection or moved their washer fluid reservoir in a DII?  I upgraded to the ARB front bumper and now my washer fluid reservoir in teh drivers side is exposed to the wheel well.  I am just waiting for a stick to bounce in there are tear it off / punch a hole in it. Thoughts?

Chris Johanson

cjohanson1234@yahoo.com

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
Brenton made a new one out f PVC pipe. There is a write up either here or LRRF. Can't remember.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified

The pictures aren't sorted properly for some reason, but you can piece it together. If you're lucky, you can remove the plastic support clip (on the fender) and get it back on without breaking. The stock top of the filler tube isn't sealed to the pvc. This way, if something does happen, or you want to try something else, you don't have to cut it again. I think there's even a mold line that was used as a cut guide.

Doesn't hold much water, but it's not an issue for me. The holes for the tube clamps were already there. You just have to remove the trim under the headlight, and well maybe the bumper. I have a Rovertym bumper so it's slimmer than the ARB.

I was able to re-use the rubber grommets from the factory bottle. I want to say I used a 5/8" drill bit and still had to ream the hole to make them fit. Just go step by step in bit sizes to be sure. A little hand soap will allow a slightly smaller hole and still be able to push them through for a good seal. Once the grommet fits, insert the pump.

Attached Files

Edited by Disco2Guy, 09 May 2016 - 08:32 PM.

• TomOwen, RedRover, DHappel and 3 others like this

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

VERY clever. Love it. The P38 is the same way with the exposed reservoir, so thanks for the idea for tackling this. 

• RedRover likes this

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Not on an D2, but on my D1 I removed the stock washer bottle and put a smaller aftermarket one in its place. I don't have the headlight washers on my aftermarket bumper and never used the rear one so having all that volume of fluid was a bit silly.  I wanted to use the flat area where the stock bottle was to mount a blue sea fuse block and a hella relay block.

IMG_20150122_234722751.jpg

IMG_20150122_234744666_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150123_244549772.jpg

• TomOwen, RedRover and erinw.rrc like this

cjohanson

cjohanson

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • San Francisco
  • 2002 Discovery II
  • Someday - '67 IIA 88

Thanks for all the great advice!  I really like both set ups.  I think I want to do something similar I just need to make sure I keep a decent capacity as I have working headlight washers and my Disco goes to Tahoe every weekend in the winter.  Thanks again!

• RedRover likes this

Chris Johanson

cjohanson1234@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users