Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Looking for previous owner of my 62 Series 2a

- - - - - Series 2a 1962

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA
  • Lr3, series 2a, disco 1

I recently purchased a 1962 Series 2a 109 from a gentleman in Colorado Springs area (actually from his son-in-law, as he had passed away and left the truck).   As NO information came with the truck, I do have the previous CA title number.  And the s-i-l that I dealt with did tell me it was purchased from CA back in 2003.  I purchased the british motor museum data set and the original color was pastel green (light green) and someone repainted it bronze green.  It is a 109 3 door, and has a fixed roof and the full length canvas.  I was said to be purchased from the World Health Organization (lettering still visible on door) by the CA owner.  It was sold originally to Rover in San Francisco.  the CA dmv hasn't been much help with the CA title number (or the "replacement id tag riveted to drivers B pillar), but that number does match the chassis number (27900372a).  Also from the factory info it was originally fitted with a diesel, but now sports a 2.25 petrol motor from 1972 (256 engine number prefix).  

basically... i'm searching for any help... anyone remember it?  can point me in the previous owner's direction??!?!

thanks,

mark v

from Lancaster, PA 

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • KI6WSR
Mark do you know the Mendo recce list? There are a lot of series guys on that list who Might know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA

i never heard of that list, but will check it out!  

Edited by Bmwrovers, 11 May 2016 - 05:20 AM.

wineryrover

wineryrover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Napa, CA
  • 1972 Series III 88
  • 1994 Defender 90
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2002 Disco II

I will post it there (mendo recce) for you and see if anyone knows of it.  I think that is your best bet on getting some history on it. 

• erinw.rrc likes this
Robb

LR3, D90, DII & SIII

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA

great thanks rob!  i found the old mendo "blogs" archived... started perusing them... ha, good stuff

wineryrover

wineryrover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Napa, CA
  • 1972 Series III 88
  • 1994 Defender 90
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2002 Disco II

Is this it?

Attached Files

Robb

LR3, D90, DII & SIII

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA

yes!  did ben send you that?  i've been emailing him for access to the M-R lists

wineryrover

wineryrover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Napa, CA
  • 1972 Series III 88
  • 1994 Defender 90
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2002 Disco II

yes!  did ben send you that?  i've been emailing him for access to the M-R lists

Yes, Ben has an extensive registry of series rovers.  Looks like a great truck, congrats.

Robb

LR3, D90, DII & SIII

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA

can anybody help out with this from CA??

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA

Bump...

I found out some more info from the previous owner in CO... he bought it from someone in CA that had quite the collection of series / defenders/ and even a forward control!  anyone know who out there?  says some of his trucks were used in hollywood stuff too.

thanks again

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)
Have you checked with the SoCal clubs? I think there's at least 3 clubs down there.

Frans

Frans

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Bump...

I found out some more info from the previous owner in CO... he bought it from someone in CA that had quite the collection of series / defenders/ and even a forward control!  anyone know who out there?  says some of his trucks were used in hollywood stuff too.

thanks again

The guys name is walt, and yes he had a large collection of rovers. Lived in santa rosa ca. He has moved away, sold all his stuff and gotten away from rovers.
  • erinw.rrc likes this

Bmwrovers

Bmwrovers

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Philly area PA

cool, thanks for the info.  anyone know this Walt guy?  info / pics/ ect... thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users