Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

DIY Lift & Tool Rental

- - - - - Lift tools rental

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd repost here also.

Jared and I discovered this awesome place called Pit-Row in Santa Clara that is a DIY Lift and Tool Rental place.  You book your time and use the space.  It has 5 stars on Yelp so I'm curious in checking it out.  It would be great place for those of us in the South Bay who need a place to wrench and either don't have the space or equipment.  I don't know how much it costs to rent the space, but it's a great idea.

-Erin

• Jethro likes this

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Jared and I discovered this awesome place called Pit-Row in Santa Clara that is a DIY Lift and Tool Rental place.  You book your time and use the space.  It has 5 stars on Yelp so I'm curious in checking it out.  It would be great place for those of us in the South Bay who need a place to wrench and either don't have the space or equipment.  I don't know how much it costs to rent the space, but it's a great idea.

There was s similar thing in Fremont, but they seem to have stopped the DIY stuff.  http://liftedworkshop.com

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
According to some reviews I read on Yelp, the place in Fremont still does DIY. But maybe they don't advertise it anymore or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3

when I was in the Army the Bases had something like this. It was very nice since the military doesn't pay well.

• Jethro likes this

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD
Baja Rack, Gap EAS IID tool, LEDramized 40" light bar and work lights, BFG TA/KO tires, ARB Fridge Freezer, Front Runner Drawers, PowerTank 20lbs Co2 tank, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Traxide duel battery kit. Tactical Rovers Sliders and Rear Bumper

On Instagram @ bear_republic_overland
"waiting for an adventure"

SmugMug https://nclrbear.smugmug.com/

Instagram https://www.instagra...ublic_overland/

IMG_1224-S.jpg

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
Same on the navy bases. I used it frequently when. I lived in the barracs. But never used it after that once I had a place out in town. Always thought it was a good idea but was never able to make my idea pencil out cost wise once you consider the insurance you would need to carry. Hope they make it work as its a good idea and awesome if you don't have a garage or a place to work.
  • erinw.rrc and Jethro like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lift, tools, rental

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users