Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SCLR Rover Rendezvous 2016

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

It's a bit of a trek, but I figured I'd extend an invite to everyone up north.

After heading to Anza Borrego for our annual event last year SCLR is heading back to the Mountains of San Bernardino National Forest in the Big Bear area for our annual event. There will be trail runs for all manner of trucks - from easy an easy fire road jaunt through scenic and historic Holcomb Valley, moderate trails such as Gold Mountain  to some of the harder trails that the Big Bear area has to offer such as Holcomb Creek and John Bull. We will have a catered group dinner and raffles on Saturday evening after all the trail runs return at the central event campsite. After the raffles we usually have a campfire with a 'smore making contest in the central site where everyone hangs out until they decide it's time to retire for the evening.

Details are as follows:

Dates: Sept 9-11

Online Registration Costs
Event cost is $45.

Friday
3:00-8:00 Camp Set Up and Check In
7:00 White Mountain Moderate Night Run

Saturday
8:30-8:45 Check in

9:00-9:45 Trail Runs Depart

3:00-4:00 Trail Runs Return

3:30-4:30 Children's Scavenger Hunt

4:30-5:00 Childrens Raffle
5:00-6:00 Dinner Time

6:30-7:30 Raffle

Sunday

8:00-11:00 Camp Clean Up
12:00-12:30 Exit Trail Runs Depart

Event Location
Trail Staging, Saturday Dinner and Raffle events will take place in campsites  #86 & 87 

Meals
Attendees are responsible for providing their own food and water. Saturday's dinner is the only meal the club will be providing. Each registration includes one meal ticket. Additional meal tickets are available at registration and on site.

Alternative Accommodations
Participants are free to stay at one of the many area motels, hotels and cabins for rent. Although it is a few miles drive to the nearest, meals can be obtained at local eateries.

Radio
CB, FRS, 2 meter All To Be Determined at each Trail Head

Questions
Email SCLR : rr@sclr.org

Here's a link to the discussion in regards to the event on our forums: https://sclr.org/rov...ember-9-11-2016

Here's the registration link for those that would like to attend: http://rr16.ezregister.com/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them :)

• lutz, TomOwen, RedRover and 1 other like this

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I was looking at this just this week and thinking about it, but like you said it's a good 8-hr drive each way.  Too early for me to put it on my calendar for sure, but I'll add it to the NCLR calendar.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)

Haven't been to RR since 03', also in Big Bear. SCLR always puts on a great event.

2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

So from the looks of things, it seems like just Chuck is going to make the trip down. David, you're down here in Socal - you going to make it out? Registration is closed but I've got an extra meal ticket for Saturday evening since my wife decided she wasn't going to come with this year..

• lutz and dcproven like this

dcproven

dcproven

David (NCLR082)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • KK6NDY
  • 1995 LWB RRC
  • 1977 Series III

So from the looks of things, it seems like just Chuck is going to make the trip down. David, you're down here in Socal - you going to make it out? Registration is closed but I've got an extra meal ticket for Saturday evening since my wife decided she wasn't going to come with this year..

I am stupidly busy lately, if I can make it, I'll let you know, but it would be a couple of days before the day... so don't hold your breath. Thank you for thinking of me though.

Edited by dcproven, 30 August 2016 - 08:22 AM.

lutz

lutz

NCLR053/SCLR

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Grover Beach CA
  • KK6QGU
  • 2004 Discovery 2
  • 1999 Discovery 2
  • 2008 LR3

I might be down looks like we are going to postpone Dusy Trail. Just have to check a few things

• SLOHybrid likes this

KK6QGU
04 Discovery 2-Trail truck- RTE 3in with fox 2.0 shocks, $g rear cones ,$G front bumper with Warn XD9000i custom rear,ARB's air lockers F&R with Ashcroft 4.12 w/reverse cut front , Ashcroft HD axles/CV's, RTE diff guards F&R , Max Yedor HD tie rod and track rod,custom watts, 255/85-16 MAXXIS MT-762 BIGHORN

99 Discovery 2 -Parts truck

2008 lr3

http://www.pacificadventuretours.com/

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER

I might be down looks like we are going to postpone Dusy Trail. Just have to check a few things

Riding my bike up to White Bark Vista this weekend!  I will take a pic.

Dusy next year? yes??

NCLR 093

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JqczzhsWOh8

dcproven

dcproven

David (NCLR082)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • KK6NDY
  • 1995 LWB RRC
  • 1977 Series III

Riding my bike up to White Bark Vista this weekend!  I will take a pic.

Dusy next year? yes??

Bike? the one in your picture? too small for you I am afraid :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users