Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why ARB is a great company.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3
About a month ago I went to use my ARB fridge and it didn't get cold. It clearly wasn't working and there was no error light. I tried to remember when I bought it because it didn't seem like it was long ago. But after having two kids and a new job time flys and I found out I had bought it four years ago. This meant that it was almost a year out of warranty. So I thought it would be cheaper to try and fix it myself. So I checked and researched what could be wrong and looked into getting a new compressor. I had a friend of a friend come over and look at it and he said that the compressor was still running so the problem was most likely a refridgerant leak somewhere. After all my research everyone told me to send it back to ARB, because they take care of their customers. So I called and got a case number and sent it back. It cost me about $100 in packaging and shipping cost. After a few weeks I called ARB to see what was going on. They said simply that they can't fix it and are sending me a replacement. I said "that's great, how much is that going to cost?" They said "nothing." I was shocked. Today on my porch was a brand new 50qt ARB fridge!!! This is amazing customer support. This kind of customer service is almost impossible to find anymore. So if you're on the fence about what kind of fridge you want, this may tip the scale.

Attached Files

Edited by BEAR, 02 August 2016 - 05:07 PM.

• ROVRMAN2, DiscoChef, El Solis and 3 others like this

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD
Baja Rack, Gap EAS IID tool, LEDramized 40" light bar and work lights, BFG TA/KO tires, ARB Fridge Freezer, Front Runner Drawers, PowerTank 20lbs Co2 tank, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Traxide duel battery kit. Tactical Rovers Sliders and Rear Bumper

On Instagram @ bear_republic_overland
"waiting for an adventure"

SmugMug https://nclrbear.smugmug.com/

Instagram https://www.instagra...ublic_overland/

IMG_1224-S.jpg

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Nice job ARB.  Too bad they don't support actual Land Rover specific stuff that well.  (bumpers...)

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

About a month ago I went to use my ARB fridge and it didn't get cold. It clearly wasn't working and there was no error light. I tried to remember when I bought it because it didn't seem like it was long ago. But after having two kids and a new job time flys and I found out I had bought it four years ago. This meant that it was almost a year out of warranty. So I thought it would be cheaper to try and fix it myself. So I checked and researched what could be wrong and looked into getting a new compressor. I had a friend of a friend come over and look at it and he said that the compressor was still running so the problem was most likely a refridgerant leak somewhere. After all my research everyone told me to send it back to ARB, because they take care of their customers. So I called and got a case number and sent it back. It cost me about $100 in packaging and shipping cost. After a few weeks I called ARB to see what was going on. They said simply that they can't fix it and are sending me a replacement. I said "that's great, how much is that going to cost?" They said "nothing." I was shocked. Today on my porch was a brand new 50qt ARB fridge!!! This is amazing customer support. This kind of customer service is almost impossible to find anymore. So if you're on the fence about what kind of fridge you want, this may tip the scale.

Thanks Bear, I may forward this off to my contact over there ;-)

Tom

• AlysonH likes this

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)

Happy that it worked out for you.

2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users