Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NCLR Hosted a couple Overlanders this weekend

- - - - - brokebutrichoverland

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Hi All,

I got a call this weekend from a young couple who are traveling from Miami to Alaska in their Mil-Spec D110 2dr.  They, along with another couple, set out for Alaska along the Trans America Trail under the name BrokeButRichOverland on Instagram (and you can learn more about them on their blog).

Long story shorter, we have followed their progress on Instagram and reached out to say "if you are in the Bay Area let us know". Well, they did. They made it as far North as Cape Kiwanda  Oregon before the schedule caused them to turn back south bringing them through SF.  They wanted to meet up and also had a wiring problem and were looking for a place to trouble-shoot.  Who knows more about electrickery in a D110 that ElSolis?

A few phone calls later and Chris and Kylie rolled out the welcome mat.  Driveway, garage, tools, experience, pizza, beer, margaritas and plenty of sharing Defender tips & tricks.

Problem solved (for now) late night, I head home and Chris further offers a place to stay, warm shower and indoor plumbing.

Breakfast with Family Solis the next morning and they headed off to Yosemite reppin' NCLR gear!

I have a longer write up on our Facebook page but what impressed me most was something Gato said about Rover People.  Essentially, "there is no other group quite like them, no matter where you go". Yup, the support and camaraderie in the Rover Community is pretty special and NCLR earned a Gold Star on Saturday.

Gato y Maca en Yosemite  (More photos on Facebook)

14124981_10154392268961635_9178465967608

• DHappel likes this

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users