Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Introducing Myself and Saving African Elephants

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LRArtist

LRArtist

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Livermore, CA
  • D90 1/4 scale
  • LR3 2006
  • Series IIA 109
  • SWB 1990 Classic
  • (Not LR)Traxxas Slash 4x4

Hello fellow Land Rover enthusiasts and wildlife lovers!
I am Isabel Gomez, daughter of DiscoChef (Enrique Gomez) :D. I have been on trips with many of you and those of you I haven't, I am looking forward to it! I wanted to share something that might interest some of you, because, honestly, doesn't some part of all of us love animals? I recently went to a meeting for a Plants and Wildlife club in my middle school. At that meeting we learned about how African Elephants are being poached for their ivory horns. This is just one website we looked at: https://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org , and I was hoping that anyone who is interested would visit this site and any others you could possibly think of. It would also mean a lot if you would help to spread the word! Thanks again,L RArtist.

• Justin, DiscoChef, lutz and 5 others like this

dcproven

dcproven

David (NCLR082)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • KK6NDY
  • 1995 LWB RRC
  • 1977 Series III

Welcome Isabel, 

We are destroying the planet, but with people like you and my Alicia, working hard to save the animals and all of us, there is hope.

Keep it up!!

• DiscoChef and erinw.rrc like this

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

Hello dear daughter of mine! I like that you have joined this extended family of ours by joining the forum and introducing yourself here. I applaud your efforts to save the African elephants and that you want to share that with us here. It is part of Tread Lightly; take of of our environment and its creatures so that you and others can enjoy it when your time behind the wheel (legally) comes.

You will find that these fine people will welcome you, respond to your post and make feel part of this community.

And, I want to let you know that donation in your name has been made to Orphan's Project.

Love you!

Papi

• dcproven, TomOwen, RedRover and 1 other like this

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Hi Isabel!  Good to see you here.  I have subscribed to this post and the website newsletter.  Love the D90 1/4 scale in your profile.  LOL!

Edited by erinw.rrc, 10 November 2016 - 04:44 PM.

• LRArtist likes this

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Well done Issy! I'll take a look at the link but if also be happy to help share your message. Let me know if I can be of help through fb or ig ;-)

Tom
Tom@tomowen.net
  • DiscoChef likes this

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

LRArtist

LRArtist

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Livermore, CA
  • D90 1/4 scale
  • LR3 2006
  • Series IIA 109
  • SWB 1990 Classic
  • (Not LR)Traxxas Slash 4x4

Well done Isabel! I'll take a look at the link but if also be happy to help share your message. Let me know if I can be of help through fb or ig ;-)

Tom
Tom@tomowen.net

Thanks so much for your help Mr. Owen! Sharing my message would be such a big help! Maybe if you could post the message on maybe the club's :lr:  facebook that would be so wonderful! :D  Thanks again, Isabel/LRArtist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users