Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

'09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Offroad Mod Questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bjam

bjam

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • San Francisco
  • LR4

Hi All,

Just got an '09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged from a family member. Immaculate condition with only 65k miles on it. 

Anyways, its going to be my new toy for offroading local Bay Are trails and Tahoe trips during the winter.

I'm wondering what are my wheel/tire options for my RRS? Also any other mods, would love to boost performance. Suggestions on local shops with fair prices to help with install and maintenace would be super awesome too.

Thanks!

- B

lithium1330

lithium1330

NCLR BOD Member

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • San Jose
  • KM6FDG
  • Defender 90 NAS #0032

Welcome to NCLR! 

I think the LR/RR's are pretty darn capable out of the box... 

not sure if you've seen this video of a RR at Moab.. the most interesting segment (IMO) starts about 6:00 mark. :) 

It never gets old watching this... 

• Jethro likes this
Chris

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I don't have a lot of RRS-SC specific info for you regarding mods.  As for tires, that will depend....what size are you running now and what size would you like to run?  Are you willing to consider different wheels?   Obviously smaller diameter wheels will allow more sidewall which will improve off-road performance but at the expense of on-road handling.  I'm also not sure if you can get a smaller wheel on the RRS due to it's brakes.

Specific tire brands/models?  Cooper AT3, Zeon LTZ, or ST-Maxx are all good options.  The BFG KO2 and Goodyear Duratrac also are popular. But I don't know if each of these will be available in a size you need.

We really need to know a bit more about your intended use.  If it's mostly a road vehicle, running up to Tahoe in the winter, etc, then a good AS tire will be fine.  If you're planning to spend more time off-road then the tires I've listed above are pretty good dual-purpose AT options.  If you're looking for a serious off-road bias then we can start looking at MT tires but that doesn't sound likely from your post.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

alpaca

alpaca

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I think the sc had 20" wheels ? 18" won't fit due to the brakes I heard as don says - but there are a couple of AT 20" options if you go with a non standard siZe - toyo has a couple of options maybe - Johnson rods or a Range Rover specific odb2 tool would give you a couple of extra inches of ground clearance - plus removing the front spoiler lip - I would say that would already get you a long way before you consider things like rock sliders and extra body armor under diff etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2006 RRS
2002 911

2003 E46
2008 C300

2015 Cherokee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users