Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Flashing brake dash warning light!

- - - - - Range Rover RRC brakes warning lamp LWB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Timbo

Timbo

Driver

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • El Dorado Hills, CA
  • 1994 Range Rover LWB

I knew it was too good to last - the lwb' been running trouble free for far too long, so now it's payback time!

Started today, but driving along and as soon as I hit the brakes the warning light will flash. Never stays on.

(Abs and tc are a pem lighting fixture :)) .

Checked for fluid level - (did top it up the other day as it was low but was fine today) and also leaks - can't see any, and pedal feel does not seem to have changed.

Could it be that the accumulators finally given up the gost? Pump does take a long time 30 sec to do the initial charge at startup, and seems to be cycling very briefly every so often with ignition off.

Other thought - could the rubber washer at the top of the master cyl reservoir be bad and letting pressure out as I did undo that when I topped the fluid up?

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

.... Pump does take a long time 30 sec to do the initial charge at startup, and seems to be cycling very briefly every so often with ignition off.

..... Other thought - could the rubber washer at the top of the master cyl reservoir be bad and letting pressure out as I did undo that when I topped the fluid up?

Tim,

Pump cycles with ignition off?  You have a problem then.  One of your relays is stuck.

The reservoir is not pressurized, so this isn't the issue.  You can run perfectly well without the lid on (although you'd spill fluid).

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

Timbo

Timbo

Driver

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • El Dorado Hills, CA
  • 1994 Range Rover LWB

It's not continuous. Just a quick topUp pulse

I should rephrase - ignition on / engine off!

Should check the relays, as there is one that's cycling away under drivers seat.

Edited by Timbo, 09 February 2017 - 12:48 PM.

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

on my p38 the flashing brake light means low pressure warning in the brake system.  My fix was a replacement accumulator.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Range Rover, RRC, brakes, warning lamp, LWB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users