Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3 Headlight Connector Problems

- - - - - LR3 headlights connector brittle plastics bulbs discovery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

A while back I had some problems with the halogen headlights in our 2007 LR3.  When one of the bulbs blew out, I went to replace it and part of the plastic connector started to crumble in my hand.

Shortly thereafter the bulb blew again. I saw some charring which I thought indicated that some electrical arcing was occurring between the posts on the bulb. I applied electrical tape and promised myself I wouldn't leave it in its MacGyver'ed state forever.

I finally fixed both headlights up properly a few weekends ago with the help of Mouser Electronics.  The Mouser Electronics part number is:

571-965430-1 (Mfg Part# 965430-1) - some sort of 2 position AMP connector (see picture below)

Hopefully this part helps others.

Attached Files

• DiscoChef and RedRover like this

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LR3, headlights, connector, brittle, plastics, bulbs, discovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users