Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

CB Install on D2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Mudy_Ovl

Mudy_Ovl

Chris (NCLR020)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I already have my Uniden installed with a mag mount antenna. I can't get my SWR reading (in radio meter) as low as I've read it should be. Do you think they tune antennae?

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
After a successful MORG on Saturday, I wanted to share how my CB install went on my '96 Disco. You may have read my experiences at Clyde's. I felt inspired and full of knowledge. I spent a good part off a day mapping out the antenna cable run, the electrical and how to mount the thing. The actual install went fairly well considering I've never taken off a Rover door panel before. See the attached photos for some more detail. I have since secured the base unit and the power wires more completely but the rest work fine as is. For power, I tapped into the dome light fuse at the box. Not the easiest of tasks.

Friday evening I went up to Merritt College in the Oakland hills. My little tweaked out Motorola reached someone in San Mateo quite clearly. I was ready to roll.

Thanks to Ron and Mike for their leading on Saturday. I was happy to pull up the rear since I was in full communication with the pack. Having that radio added a sense of security and comfort, while also providing some entertaining moments. I would recommend having one at least for trailing.

Jim

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Looking good. Chatter on the trail is essential. We did a night run and talked the entire time, otherwise being alone in the truck can get tiring.

NCLR101

NCLR101

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Ron

thanks for posting this, not quite as scary as I thought it would be but then again... perhaps a little portable with a mag attena to start. Thanks man for the great info

Thommy

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
NP Thommy!

Let me know if you need any help!

Disco2guy (Brenton) also just installed a CB on his D2, chime in and let us know if you have any other Qs!

C yah bud!

Ron

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
I followed Ron's post as a guide for the cb install. I used an existing (but unused) grommet behind the brake pedal to feed the power into the cab. Look around and there might be one similar to it in the RR Sport

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
I just got my Cobra 75 WX ST last week. The radio is installed, but right now it's hooked up to a crappy through-the-glass antenna. I have a Firestick that was given to me I and bought a mount and cable for it, but after wading through the Firestick site last night it would seem that my components might not be well-matched. I bought a non-Firestick NGP mount from Napa, but I don't think the 2' Firestick I have is an NGP unit (I wish they marked them with the model number)...I'm still a little hazy on all of that. I guess I'll just have to hope that the SWR meter I ordered last night gets here in time, though I doubt it. Maybe, if I'm lucky, that Ron guy will bring his this weekend...:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users