Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Installing new wire harness for series 2a

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Alaskan

Alaskan

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Loomis, Ca
  • 2013 sport
  • 1967 2A 88
  • 1964 2A 109

I'm re doing all the wiring and installing a new wire harness in my series 2a. Looking for some help from the club. Looking for a detailed video on how to  or  more detail than an electrical map.  My 1967 wires are very faded, so its hard to match up the new ones. Any suggestions?

Jethro

Jethro

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Roseville
  • KK6ZBT
  • '11 LR4
  • '96 Discovery

I'm re doing all the wiring and installing a new wire harness in my series 2a. Looking for some help from the club. Looking for a detailed video on how to or more detail than an electrical map. My 1967 wires are very faded, so its hard to match up the new ones. Any suggestions?

I'm not very advanced in wiring and no experience with the series models but wondering if it's easier to do a rewire kit? Anybody selling those? I know they make them for other makes.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,093 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I'm not very advanced in wiring and no experience with the series models but wondering if it's easier to do a rewire kit? Anybody selling those? I know they make them for other makes.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I'd agree with Greg - if there's a harness kit out there (I've not looked) it would be WORLDS easier and faster than building your own!  

If you're not worried about originality there are generic 'hot rod' wiring kits that might be an option as well from places like Painless.

• Jethro likes this

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users