Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I disappeared due to big changes in life

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1

I was a member for a year. Shortly after joining roughly 2 years ago I bought a house that I had to renovate to make inhabitable. So that took most of my time. I had plans of joining again because it really is a great clubs full of good people. But now I just had a baby so life has conspired to eliminate all my free time. It was great to be a member while it lasted. I will be getting rid of my rover as well. I know I may be wrong to  post here but if anyone wants to talk about it let me know. If it is wrong to say that you can delete the post and sorry. I couldn't post in classified section without a paid membership. I thought I would give anyone interested in it first dibs at whatever price they think is fair as I need the space more than anything else.

Nick

• erinw.rrc and Jethro like this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

98 Disco 1 Chawton White 150K

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER

I know the feeling as many of us do & hopefully you will be back later on :)

• RedRover likes this

NCLR 093

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JqczzhsWOh8

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I was a member for a year. Shortly after joining roughly 2 years ago I bought a house that I had to renovate to make inhabitable. So that took most of my time. I had plans of joining again because it really is a great clubs full of good people. But now I just had a baby so life has conspired to eliminate all my free time. It was great to be a member while it lasted. I will be getting rid of my rover as well. I know I may be wrong to  post here but if anyone wants to talk about it let me know. If it is wrong to say that you can delete the post and sorry. I couldn't post in classified section without a paid membership. I thought I would give anyone interested in it first dibs at whatever price they think is fair as I need the space more than anything else.

Nick

Congrats on your new family!  Don't worry about us... we'll still be here.  You never know when the Rover bug comes back to bite ya!  ;) You can post here and that is fine.

• RedRover likes this

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

I was a member for a year. ....

Nick,

Good to hear from you.  I was actual wondering what happened to you just last weekend while at Hollister.  Last time I saw you was at Frank Raines, and I remember our discussions while we were stopped at the top of Mt. Hamilton, on the way there.

Enjoy the little one; certainly changes things for a while.  Just like a tunnel though, you normally get out the other side .....

Regards,

Graeme

• RedRover likes this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Good luck. Life always brings changes and unexpected turns. Hopefully u will come back when ur little one gets older. I started taking my daughter to Death Valley at 4 years old and she has loved camping ever since. Now I bring all 3 kids along and the club is like one big extended family on these trips. Hopefully we'll see u back soon.
  • dcproven, AlysonH and Jethro like this
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1

Thanks everybody,

I hope to get back into rovers someday when my son is older and I have more time. I sold my Disco to a friend in San Carlos. I recommended him joining. I think he is gonna try the free log-in and check things out first . His username will be Egebhardt. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

98 Disco 1 Chawton White 150K

egebhardt

egebhardt

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • San Carlos, CA
  • 1998 Discovery 1

Thanks Nick! I found my account validation in Spam. Nick was nice enough to sell me his White 98 Disco1 in August 2017. 

I am in San Carlos, up Brittan. I'm looking to fix leaks and replace rotors and change fluids, etc... 

I'm new to this forum and www.landroverforums.com but I've been on other forums since 2007. This should be fun!

Edited by gebhardt, 01 September 2017 - 07:56 AM.

• Justin and RedRover like this

1998 Land Rover Discovery 1
1999 Tacoma 4x4 V6 XtraCab
1996 BMW M3 Coupe 5spd
2000 Suzuki TL1000R
2007 Honda 1000RR

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Nick said the new guy would be "Egebhardt". You're just "gebhardt" - clearly an imposter.

Oh well, welcome anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  • Justin and AlysonH like this

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

egebhardt

egebhardt

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • San Carlos, CA
  • 1998 Discovery 1

Yep! Thanks. Good catch. I tried Egebhardt at first but I had a typo in my Gmail address and never got the activation email, obviously. I had to go with just my last name. My first name is Eric. I'd like to change my handle to egebhardt if possible. All my other forum handles are egebhardt.

Edited by gebhardt, 01 September 2017 - 08:24 AM.

1996 BMW M3 Coupe 5spd
2000 Suzuki TL1000R
2007 Honda 1000RR

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Hi Eric,

You're just in time - come on out and join us at our MORG (Monthly Off Road Gathering) tomorrow at Hollister.  We do it on the first Saturday of every month and move it around to different locations.  It usually starts at 10:00 and runs until people go home...typically 2 to 4 or so.  Any Rovers are welcome to come out and play and meet some club members.

Again, this time we're meeting at Hollister Hills SVRA, 10:00AM Saturday, at the ranger station.  Cell service is poor out there so we'll be monitoring HAM 146.460.

Also keep an eye out for our monthly Drip in the Dirt peninsula gathering on the third Thursday.  We also move this around but normally we start around 6:30 and meet somewhere for dinner and a beer.   Details will be posted on the forum as the time approaches.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover

Yep! Thanks. Good catch. I tried Egebhardt at first but I had a typo in my Gmail address and never got the activation email, obviously. I had to go with just my last name. My first name is Eric. I'd like to change my handle to egebhardt if possible. All my other forum handles are egebhardt.

I've changed your display name to "egebhardt" your login though will still be gebhardt

So essentially login with gebhardt and it will show to everyone else from now on as egebhardt. I can edit both to egebhardt although I did not want to lock you out with out informing you first. Let me know if you would like that done. 

egebhardt

egebhardt

Beginner

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • San Carlos, CA
  • 1998 Discovery 1

Thanks! just leave it for now. That works.

1996 BMW M3 Coupe 5spd
2000 Suzuki TL1000R
2007 Honda 1000RR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users