Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Roadside help near Truckee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gurka

gurka

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • SFO
Something caused our fan blades to break up and it then dislodged the coolant hose and all the coolant got out while driving up to WRL meetup.

We're waiting for a tow to Truckee where I hope to leave truck at some shop tonight.

1 - any recommendations on a shop to leave it at I. Truckee or should I head to Sacramento instead? If so, what shop?

2 - I will need a fan from a 99-2004 D2 or a 99-2002 Range Rover - any of those will fit my 2000 D2 I'm told. Any idea where I can get one tonight or tomorrow morning ?

If I can't solve this tomorrow I will leave truck at a shop up in this area - Truckee or Sacramento and rent a 1-way back to San Francisco with my two teenagers and all our gear and deal with truck remotely and pick it up another day.

Thanks and if anyone can help in any way I'm reachable at 415.592.4362

daniel

f988cc6233d5466366d73db9e269a61e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gurka, 11 August 2017 - 05:34 PM.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Something caused our fan blades to break up and it then dislodged the coolant hose and all the coolant got out while driving up to WRL meetup.

We're waiting for a tow to Truckee where I hope to leave truck at some shop tonight.

1 - any recommendations on a shop to leave it at I. Truckee or should I head to Sacramento instead? If so, what shop?

2 - I will need a fan from a 99-2004 D2 or a 99-2002 Range Rover - any of those will fit my 2000 D2 I'm told. Any idea where I can get one tonight or tomorrow morning ?

If I can't solve this tomorrow I will leave truck at a shop up in this area - Truckee or Sacramento and rent a 1-way back to San Francisco with my two teenagers and all our gear and deal with truck remotely and pick it up another day.

Thanks and if anyone can help in any way I'm reachable at 415.592.4362

daniel

f988cc6233d5466366d73db9e269a61e.jpg

Looks like either the viscous fan unit let go and the fan and shroud destroyed each-other, or the shroud fell into the fan.

RoverWare has the hose set in stock, and there is probably a fan shroud around here somewhere, and I have a parts car in the driveway (been trying to get rid of it whole, but nobody wants it) so .....

Regards,

Graeme

• RedRover likes this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
Well we are at your hotel now. The D2 broke a coolant bottle. The rrc one I had did not really work. AAA towed Paul and I drove ahead and got some rooms.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

This should bring some interesting stories.

Just enjoying my time traveling at the Speed of Adventure.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
All repairs complete. Let's roll ....

Graeme
  • lutz, AlysonH, erinw.rrc and 1 other like this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I spoke with you guys a bit via radio on your way in - was Gurka with you?  Hope you all made it in!

Sorry we didn't come back saturday night.  About the time we rolled into WRL on the trip Michele sorta let it slip she'd REALLY like to head home on Saturday instead of Sunday so she could have a whole day at home before leaving at 4AM Monday for a week long work trip.  Given she had been playing nice so far I relented and we came straight home after doing the Cabella's run.  Story on that to follow in the WRL thread :)

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users