Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Removing center console rear passenger cup holder

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
Any one have an idea on how to remove the rear passenger cup holder without taking apart the entire center console? I want to install an inverter in that space.Attached File  IMG_1001.JPG   101.21KB   9 downloads
2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,738 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

You're going to need that to hold the Pacifico beers for the "chicas" you will encounter and pick-up along Baja Mexico.  :)

Joking set aside, why don't you install the inverter on the rear panel; isn't that a better spot?

Edited by RON CT110, 17 September 2017 - 08:55 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I'm not sure off the top of my head but I suspect you may have to pull the console for access.

Don't forget that inverter is going to need air space for ventilation.  Chuck fried his under-seat inverter on the Death Valley trip this year and nearly caught the thing on fire.  It's not like a HAM radio where you only use it intermittently to transmit, that thing will be running 100%.  And I don't know much about Cobra (the CB guys) but I'm guessing they aren't the top-of-the-line so I wouldn't be surprised if it runs hot under load.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)

Its only a 1kw inverter and does get warm. The console does have 2 side vents,but I dont know if its for the cool box or ventilation for heat from tranny. I found a pic of the ashtray, its long and has 2 tabs waay in the rear and difficult to press to remove the tray. There's also a video on how to remove the rear fascia. 1) remove cubby lid. 2) remove ice box and disconnect wiring.3) remove the 1 torx screw holding the fascia to the console. 4) pop off fascia and disconnect wiring. But it doesnt show how to remove the ashtray!

Guess I'll be at next wrench day.

2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users