Yesterday since we didn't head up to the Rubicon I went ahead and swapped in the new ECU, plugs, wires, and injectors.
The net results are amazing!
Amazingly little that is.
Using a not-very-accurate GPS 0-60 app I did before and after runs. The numbers vary wildly depending on exactly when the GPS signal updates so these aren't particularly accurate but averaging 5 runs the before time was 12.60 seconds and the after 12.25.
That is an improvement and does indicate some gain in power but it's hard to estimate how much or exactly where the power gains were. You'd need a dyno to get any solid data.
I can't really give a seat of the pants impression as I've only driven it locally here on flat ground. My goal is to get a bit better mid and high rpm (high being relative, it shifts at about 4900 rpm) performance for climbing hills on the interstate and the like. I've happy enough with the performance off road where I rarely get over 2000 rpm unless I'm somewhere like last weekend at Oceano Dunes.
I still think I need to do the exhaust as it just sounds wheezy. Even if I don't gain any performance I should be able to get it to sound like an actual V8 instead of an asthmatic coal miner with a 3 pack a day habit running a marathon.