Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

D2 lights x3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

gurka

gurka

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • SFO
On this weekend’s trip to the Lost Coast 3 lights turned on and have stayed on:
Downhill control
ABS
Traction Control

Does all 3 of these mean something? Truck ran and handled fine, didn’t notice any issues. Was able to go into 4L or 4H with no issues also.

475cd3fb46f44ec1deee9718f2ca5a23.jpg

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
3 amigos? Reset by turning ignition on and off 3 consecutive times?
2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

Yep, that is the "Three Amigos". A little googling of "Land Rover Discovery Three Amigos" should get you all the info you could ever imagine. 

The simple solution is a wheel speed sensor. From there, the possibilities get more difficult and expensive. You'll want to find someone in the forum with a D2 scanner to see exactly what part is causing the fault.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

gurka

gurka

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • SFO

Every day is like a kinder egg surprise with a D2 i'm quickly learning.

• AlysonH and AdvRovr like this

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover

http://www.cheapabs....rlandrover.html

My guess is its your module needing to be rebuilt

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
http://www.roverware...262-swo5000300/

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
And a soldering iron for the circuit board.

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

Every day is like a kinder egg surprise with a D2 i'm quickly learning.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's true. Drive the Disco exclusively for a year or two, then start driving a Toyota and you'll understand why we say that Toyotas are boring. There's no sense of adventure. You don't have the thrill of wondering if anything will happen when you turn the key! You don't get the random gifts of warning lights! You aren't serenaded by new and unknown noises! How dull.

:lr:Land Rover: Turning drivers into mechanics since 1948.

• AlysonH likes this

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

Elherbinator

Elherbinator

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • San jose
  • Discovery 2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's true. Drive the Disco exclusively for a year or two, then start driving a Toyota and you'll understand why we say that Toyotas are boring. There's no sense of adventure. You don't have the thrill of wondering if anything will happen when you turn the key! You don't get the random gifts of warning lights! You aren't serenaded by new and unknown noises! How dull.

:lr:Land Rover: Turning drivers into mechanics since 1948.

I think all my warning lights look festive around the holidays. I put it in "sport" mode just to add a little green to the orange and red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • AlysonH and Jethro like this

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)

Not sure where you're located but I have a code clearer.  I've only had to replace one ABS sensor that was causing issues.  All the other times I've had 3 amigos I just clear the codes and hose off the tires and sensors and they don't come back.

I can't seem to add an awesome gif so sadly the picture will have to do.

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.gif   495.15KB   7 downloads

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)

and it worked!!

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

I have this for my DII, it reads the specific code(s), and clears the 3 Amigo lights on the dash after.

Mine turned about to be the ABS Valve Switch Module Graeme pointed out, or could be an ABS  sensor(s) that Alyson mentioned.  Also check the ABS sensor connection(s): .http://www.roverpart...nt-discovery-2/

Have the code read first before you buy any new or replacement parts!

• AlysonH likes this

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
It looks like your in San Francisco and Brenton lives there and had a D2 and I would highly wager a code reader.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Mine turned about to be the ABS Valve Switch Module Graeme pointed out, or could be an ABS  sensor(s) that Alyson mentioned.  Also check the ABS sensor connection(s): .http://www.roverpart...nt-discovery-2/

Have the code read first before you buy any new or replacement parts!

Agree.

Can also be a wheel bearing with too much play, or a weak battery (voltage drops during cranking, triggering the fault).  Clearing the fault often gives you a few thousand miles before it returns.

Regards,

Graeme

gurka

gurka

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • SFO
Thanks guys I just picked up a reader - now to get a Android device to use it with. They don’t work on iOS at all.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Thanks guys I just picked up a reader - now to get a Android device to use it with. They don’t work on iOS at all.

I hope you got a D2 specific ABS reader, as most generic OBD2 readers won't help you see D2 ABS codes.

ABS Amigo, or a Hawkeye, are the cheapest options I know of.

Graeme

Edited by GraemeWare, 11 November 2017 - 09:21 PM.

gurka

gurka

Navigator

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • SFO
Oh I got one recommended here on another thread a while back. Soon as I’m back in Cali I’ll give it a try or I can drop by San Carlos and use yours :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users