Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Spark Plugs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I can't believe I'm going to open this can of worms but....

Tomorrow since I'm not going up to the Rubicon I thought I'd do some work on the D1 and install the new plug leads, injectors, and ECU.  While I'm in there it only make sense to go ahead and do the spark plugs.

The question is do any of you happen to know the plug # for a D2 4.6?  The easy answer would be to pull one of mine out and check it, but I'm hoping to pick the plugs up while I'm out today instead of having to make an extra trip into town tomorrow after I've started the project.  

I think the OEM number is a champion RN11YCC; standard copper plug.  The OEM 'upgrade' should be a Champion platinum RC11PYPB4

I don't really have a special love/hate with most one brand of plugs over another.  In my Alfas I always ran NGK - they hated Bosch (I used to refer to the Bosch platinum as the 'self fouling plug').  On my Dodge, ran for crap on Champion but great on Bosch.  I haven't had to do plugs on the LR3 yet and it probably needs some bizzaro plug anyway.  

Anyway, thought I'd check here briefly to see what I could learn before I start the project.

Next up:  what flavor of oil do you prefer and what tires.  ;)

• GraemeWare likes this

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

alpaca

alpaca

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Well - I don’t know the answer for the d1, but I used champion platinums in the rrs and they run fine .....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2006 RRS
2002 911

2003 E46
2008 C300

2015 Cherokee

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

http://www.roverware...0-nlp10032-oem/

We agree.

Edited by GraemeWare, 09 November 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
And for the LR3

http://www.roverware...253a-8-per-set/

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER

Champion RN11YC4 is what I run in my GEMS 4.6

NCLR 093

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JqczzhsWOh8

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Well, I was going to go with the Champions but the places I tried didn't have them.  Instead I picked up some Denso Iridium plugs.  Turns out that's also what was in it.

Did them this evening along with injectors, wires, and ECU.  I noticed most of the plugs had a fair amount of white powdery residue on the insulator.  Not sure what to make of that right off - too cold?

I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Jethro

Jethro

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Roseville
  • KK6ZBT
  • '11 LR4
  • '96 Discovery

Well, I was going to go with the Champions but the places I tried didn't have them. Instead I picked up some Denso Iridium plugs. Turns out that's also what was in it.

Did them this evening along with injectors, wires, and ECU. I noticed most of the plugs had a fair amount of white powdery residue on the insulator. Not sure what to make of that right off - too cold?

I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

I'm curious to hear

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users