Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NCLR Trip Stickers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
don't foget about the paypal fee we are charged for each transaction.

I like the idea of stickers as a fundraiser for the club, distributed at the event. I think the first trip leader could order up, say 50, and then divide the cost of the stickers by the number of people on the trip -- charging a mandatory "trip fee" to cover cost of stickers, campground fees, communal food/fees, etc (ie the $50 permit fee we paid for Mojave) . Then the extra stickers could be distributed at subsequent events and charged for in the second year as a fund raiser.

I do think we want to make sure club isn't subsidizing costs associated with stickers, etc through general membership fees. I think they should be paid for out of fees paid by the run participants..

Mudy_Ovl

Mudy_Ovl

Chris (NCLR020)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I posted his on Shaver Lake thread and am copying it over to here.

I totally agree with Josh about the "Badge" stickers (I dig your concept for the Shaver Lake '08 trip). I discussed this "badge/ribbon" sticker idea with Dave B. at the end of the WFA weekend. If we could get the badges in a curved shape (to match the bottom edge of the coming NCLR oval stickers, then people could add them as they participated in events. People would have a record of their adventures/events and not fill their windows so quickly. Dave suggested a sticker or badge for the WFA '08 course, which I would totally buy. Just my $0.02.

Chris D.
Mudy_Ovl
'95 DI

P.S. I think a minimal trip fee to cover the cost of an event sticker would be well received. If people wanted T-shirts then that could be addressed after the event.

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
When in Moab, they were selling stickers that said...

"I busted at"

and then you could buy a curved oval trail name sticker to put underneath as well. If we could figure out a source for those curved oval name stickerst that wasn't too expensive...

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

"I busted at ___________ "

For me, options are a plenty for filling in the blank :)

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

don't foget about the paypal fee we are charged for each transaction.

I like the idea of stickers as a fundraiser for the club, distributed at the event. I think the first trip leader could order up, say 50, and then divide the cost of the stickers by the number of people on the trip -- charging a mandatory "trip fee" to cover cost of stickers, campground fees, communal food/fees, etc (ie the $50 permit fee we paid for Mojave) . Then the extra stickers could be distributed at subsequent events and charged for in the second year as a fund raiser.

I do think we want to make sure club isn't subsidizing costs associated with stickers, etc through general membership fees. I think they should be paid for out of fees paid by the run participants..

yes I agree

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
I busted my TA-TA's at ______....

or... http://savethetatas.com/

keptin

keptin

NCLR056

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

If we could get the badges in a curved shape (to match the bottom edge of the coming NCLR oval stickers, then people could add them as they participated in events. People would have a record of their adventures/events and not fill their windows so quickly.

I think that's an incredible idea...I might have to reposition my NCLR sticker location to use it though, it's kind of cornered at the moment. Still think it's an awesome idea.
Josh Shapiro - DII
http://www.kep1.com

PCRover

PCRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
Interesting idea Chris, definitely worth following up on.

If we could get the badges in a curved shape (to match the bottom edge of the coming NCLR oval stickers, then people could add them as they participated in events.

Gary

NCLR002
'94 D90

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
I uploaded a sample sticker earlier today on the MORG sticker post.
I am adding 2 more of my samples here.

Note the 1st one has a route (Not real trail) highlighted on the map behind.
The 2nd one, I just wanted to have some fun...I held back on my wicked sense of humor, but I''m sure our members would have a field day coming up with thoughts for the bubbles...

I really like the classic SI, the bumper is perfect for the website and did you notice the mini logo on the windshield?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users