Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NCLR Brochure

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
Attached please find two files each for the front and back of the proposed NCLR brochure. There is a dealer event coming out on June 8 that we would like to have the brochures ready for. Please comment away!

The pictures are the ones you, the membership voted for.

The trail calendar was my best attempt at representing this years runs. Did I leave any out? Idea is not to be exact, but for people to come to the website, and sign up there for the runs.

Also, check out the captions. All suggested changes will be considered before we go final...

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
I noticed that some of the pictures are very fuzzy...if you don't get hi-res photos, are you going to swap them?

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
I got the high res photos, but Gary converted format from Microsoft Publisher to Windows MetaFile to JPG -- my suspicion is that picture quality suffered in the translation.. Total file size is now around 15MB in Publisher..

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Looks great Chuck! I have two comments though.,

1.- IMHO, I think the club's address is not necessary, it may lead people to think it's a coastal thing (even though pictures and content show otherwise). If they want to contact the club, they will do so thru the website most likely.

2.- Under the pictures of "Sierras", second paragraph, the word "Orientated" is mispelled, it should be "oriented"

Great job, Thank you!

Enrique

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Nice job Chuck and family!

Good catch enrique!

Snow Run is now part of our NCLR trip/tradition! Me like it!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Not to be too picky, just some observations and thoughts.

I would consider a different font. My experience with thinner fonts are they don't reproduce well, once colors fade they're more difficult to read. May I also suggest losing the club logos on the trip calendar page (I'm guessing page 2) you could add 2 more photos. Another thing, it looks like the color box with on the trip calendar page is a different shade of the other page color. One last thing, it looks like the top center photo on the trip calendar page it too high and may be out of print range compared to the other page.

Overall I love the way it's going.

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
keep em coming. I don't want to lose the club logos though -- it is sort of a branding thing and I think we want people to relate our web page and stickers on our rigs back to the brochures. Plus, any more pictures and I think things will get a lot more crowded.

I do think replacing the driver in the Rangie (a non-club member) with a club member shot makes sense. The best pic I've seen so far is the one of Brian preparing the morning coffee -- unless one of you guys has a shot of your significant other leaning out the window of a rig you want to nominate. We need a big grin!

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
I like it. On the first page, it looks like the Allegheny Run has two semi-colons for the l's.

Edit- Chuck I didn't realize you were using my pic of "Taming the Gulch at the MORG". I'll send you the high res version when I get home tonight.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Jantiz

Jantiz

Luis (NCLR079)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Under "Interested?" The sentence reads: Members of guests, which is obviously backwards. I assume it intends to say "Guests of members" instead. Other than that and with the better quality pictures for the couple that look fuzzy, I love the flier! Can't wait to start spreading them around.
"Sharky" / "Darth Vader"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luis

'07 LR3 SE / '06 LR3 HSE

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
I really like the fact that almost all the pics have kids/family in them.

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Also, you may want to say "Meeting of the Members at a club Sponsor, Mexxi's Resturant in San Ramon, CA" or something like that. They are a sponsor and members, and we can't assume anyone will have a clue what "Mexxi's" is, YET.

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
thanks for the efforts, chuck! makes me proud to be a member of such a quality group.

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

I really like the fact that almost all the pics have kids/family in them.

there is a reason why you and me were left out :D

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

there is a reason why you and me were left out :D

:D i was wondering why the official drink of the nclr wasn't listed as "The Gotrovr Vodka Tonic"...;)

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

:D i was wondering why the official drink of the nclr wasn't listed as "The Gotrovr Vodka Tonic"...;)

Shaken, on the rocks?

Sorry Will, I had to....:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users