Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Forum problems?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Ron, I haven't heard anything yet as well. Can you please post Mary's contact info for us to confirm our slot for the training on the 20th?

Thanx!!

Brenton and others. if you have not received the email or call, pls go ahead and reach out ot Mary. If you get her VM, leave a msg. Bottom line - you are in but want to make sure she knows and give her your CC.

And as mentioned earlier, I spoke to Mary in person, and went person by person, all your guys are confirmed (registered (folks who signed up) and waiting list (Leigh)). Mary is going to call/email ea to get your CC number. Slow process for her/busy; non-profit org so gotta give her some slack. Now if she worked for a bill collector, you know she'd called you on Day 1. Lol.

Joking set aside, I understand; you guys have to plan out this Saturday and just around the corner and if you're not sure if in the class, be a waste and disapp.

And thanks Colin for the update. Glad you finally got the email or call from Mary.

Here's Mary contact info for those who have not gotten an email or call from Mary:

Mary Van Buren
Training and Education Manager
Tread Lightly!
298 24th Street, Suite 325
Ogden, Utah 84401
800.966-9900

I will see you guys during the kick-off, but since I've taken the class, I am not taking it again plus free up a seat (I was thinking of taking a refresh). No need.

Also guys, as reminder, take the pre-work; you will appreciate the program more during this 8 hour course (pls you can be teacher's pet knowing all the answer; lol): http://www.treadligh...wareness-Course

Edited by RON CT110, 11 March 2010 - 07:18 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

TBartlett

TBartlett

Troy (NCLR141)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hey guys,
I'm gonna have to skip the training.. My 4 year old daughter has had some significant medical issues since December (pneumonia, both ears infected at the same time and then a kidney infection). Last night we ended up in the ER with a 105.3 temp and learned she has pneumonia again... I can't justify being gone. I've sent Mary an email and will call her today to let her know. I really am sorry!!

Troy

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
sorry to hear about your daughter, troy. don't worry about us and certainly no need to apologize. hope she's okay.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Like Phil said, no worries Troy on not making it to the class - there will be another one I am sure.

Great call - take care of your daughter first; hope all goes well; keep us posted and let us know if you need anything from us e.g. support... some of us have kids and been thru medical challenges w/them; managed to pull thru; we hope a speedy recovery and well wishes for your daugther.

And just reach out to Mary, let her know you can't make it; I am sure someone on the waiting list would be happy to take your place.

Ron

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Sorry to say, I'm out for this weekend. I sent Mary an email and offered to pay the $25 anyway. Thought you guys would want to know in case there's one of you who wanted to go. I'll try to join the Tread Lightly! team another time.

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Sorry to say, I'm out for this weekend. I sent Mary an email and offered to pay the $25 anyway. Thought you guys would want to know in case there's one of you who wanted to go. I'll try to join the Tread Lightly! team another time.

Now who am I going to cheat off of?

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Just left a message with Mary with my contact phone # and email. I also just called LR San Jose to confirm that is the location being used and the lady who answered the phone didn't know anything about it. All she knows about is an event (Wheels?) in May. Then I called LR Fremont and they don't know anything about it either. Can someone who received a confirmation email post if it lists a location, and if so, where is it? Thanks!

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
Here's the latest email I received, plus the attachments.
---------------------
Course Participant

Just a follow up to my previous email. Attached is the agenda and a pdf of the Tread Trainer curriculum manual. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with manual and review the sections on What is an Outdoor ethic and the Tread Lightly! Principles. You will receive your manual along with other support materials during the workshop.

Also, one of the pre course assignments is Tread Lightly!’s Online Awareness Course. This course takes about 30 minutes to complete and we ask that you bring your certificate of completion on the day of the Tread Trainer course (if you are able to print it). If you are using Firefox or Safari (Mac) web browsers you may run into trouble as the course is not very compatible with these browsers.

Tread Lightly! Online Awareness Course

The majority of the course will be dedicated to familiarizing you with the Tread Lightly! outdoor ethic and preparing participants to present and train others on the Tread Lightly! message, so please come prepared to work and share your experience with others.

Course Logistics:

The workshop will start promptly at 8:00 am!

San Jose, CA (Bay Area)
When: Saturday, March 20, 2010
5080 Stevens Creek
San Jose, CA 95129
800-536-8522

Tread Lightly will provide coffee, lunch and afternoon snacks.

Please don’t hesitate to call me if you have questions. I will be in the office March 12, 15, and 18 (traveling to a conference on March 16 and 17 and to California on 19 for the course). I do check my email while I am traveling.

Mary Van Buren
Training and Education Manager
Tread Lightly!
298 24th Street, Suite 325
Ogden, Utah 84401
800.966-9900

Attached Files

nclrclub.jpg

NCLR014

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Thanks Phil for posting the email you got from Mary.

Brenton and others, also you can see the location/date/time committment on the Tread Lightly trainining schedule - Land Rover San Jose is the location for the March 20th class: http://www.treadligh...ad_trainer.html

We just have to give feedback to Gordon Blackstock, general mgr of LR San Jose, and LR Redwood City that one if his receptionist didn't know about the event. If anyone else need to call LR San Jose who knows about the event this Sat, contact Gordon @ 415-515-2850. We want thanks Mary and Gordon for making this event happen and for you guys taking your Sat time to take this course.

Despite Tread Lightly is not the greatest on enrollment administration, this upcoming Tread Lightly Trainer course is a good program; you also get to network with people in Forest Service etc... and meet other outdoor enthusiast. Great way to promote our club.

Speaking of, just a reminder - wear your NCLR shirt or sweatshirt.

Enjoy!

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Saturday is just around the corner! Remember class starts @ 8am ends 5pm. You need to attend the entire class to earn your certifcate.

I'd suggest be there before 8am if you want free breakfast! :)

Plug this on your GPS: Location for the class: Land Rover San Jose, 5080 Stevens Creek, San Jose, CA 95129

Roll-call here - we have:
Steven D
Mark G (unable to attend)
Colin B
Jim M
Brento C
Phillip E
Leigh A
Troy B (unable to attend)
Will S
Steve N
Enrique G

I will be there early to help setup, meet Mary, Gordon and see the rest of you folks (may even check out the LR4s on display); and then take off after the intro and kick-off session; I've already taken the class and didn't want to take up space in this sold out class.

I am also showing up to accompany a prospective NCLR member who just signed up for this class; she is a new LR4 owner; contacted us thru the NCLR website and wanted to spend more time w/LR enthusiate and get some trail time on her new LR4. Let's give Ann a warm welcome Saturday; she tells me enjoys sky diving, has two boys and really excited to meet us all. Folks with LR especially LR3 let's talk to Ann during the break - I told her about our MORG where she can take her LR4 for some trail time.

It all goes well for me; I will have my two boys in tow, wife and will be heading to the San Jose Tech Museum while you all become Tread Lightly Trainers; could meet you with the rest of you after class interested in grabbing something to eat/dinner/drinks after class.

C yah all!

Edited by RON CT110, 18 March 2010 - 09:53 PM.

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
See you all there! Suzi is letting me out of the house...

SFDiscoII

SFDiscoII

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I have received an Email from Mary See you all on Saturday.

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Looking forward to this training event. I'm going to wear my Restoration for Recreation t-shirt from our Bald Mountain work day. Of course I'll be wearing the NCLR sweatshirt over it to start with. Ron, think about a group photo shot before things get underway.

See you all there.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Looking forward to this training event. I'm going to wear my Restoration for Recreation t-shirt from our Bald Mountain work day. Of course I'll be wearing the NCLR sweatshirt over it to start with. Ron, think about a group photo shot before things get underway.

See you all there.

Good idea; bring your camera, and wear your NCLR wear.

See you all tomorrow!

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Thanks for organizing everything, Ron, sorry to miss it. Have fun guys and gals!

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Attending the Tread Lightly Trainer class @ Land Rover San Jose with Will, Steven, Brenton, Stephen,
Phil, Leigh & Colin. Ron was here earlier to take pictures.

Edited by MrVideo, 20 March 2010 - 09:50 AM.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Attending the Tread Lightly Trainer class @ Land Rover San Jose with Will, Steven, Brenton, Stephen,
Phil, Leigh & Colin. Ron was here earlier to take pictures.

Jim is good with the quick post on/his Iphone. Cool!

Yes, here are pictures from today's class; I showed-up in the a.m. to show support to these guys who (by the end of the day) will be certified Tread Lightly Trainers. It's about 2:30pm right now (I am at home working on the Classic and taking a break to post these pictures); these guys are on the last 2 1/2 hours of the course before Beer-Thirty (lol). Congrats in advance guys.

Sorry to hear Troy, Mark and Ann couldn't make it - understand your family commitments. And hope all is well with Enrique - we didn't see him today.

Also just remembered - could have brought Steven's POR15. Da*#n forgot; next time.

Also we checked out the LR4 on display. Sweet interior.

Pic 1 - NCLR members networking during the break

Pic 2 - I think phil and Will are ready to upgrade their RRS and LR3 to the newer LR4

Pic 3 - Check out the interior of the new LR4. Nice.

Pic 4 - Thanks you to Mary from Tread Lightly for putting the class together, and Gordon Blackstock for hosting the classrooom location. Make sure you go see Gordon's sales staff @ LR San Jose or Redwood City when yuo are ready to get-in a new Land Rover or certified used one (lil plug there - just my way of saying thanks).

Pic 5 - Mary in action teaching a very attentive class

Pic 6 - Tread Trainer Spring Class of 2010 in the Bay Area

Pic 7 - LR San Jose rocks!

Pic 8 - There is Gordon, center manager, for Land Rover San Jose and Redwood City!

Attached Files

Edited by RON CT110, 20 March 2010 - 02:54 PM.

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
thanks, ron. for setting this up. we roamed the parking lot more at the lunch break. that LR4 was pretty much fully loaded, including the rear seat entertainment. at 60k, it's almost as much as a bare bones RRS. but adam brought us over to the other side of the parking lot to take a peek at the 2010 autobiography range rover. guy drives up in a Ferrari, turns out he custom ordered it. custom burgundy paint job alone was $9500. but boy that thing was sweet. interior straight outta pimp my ride was a lil too much for me tho.

oh and beer thirty included UFCs cain velasquez. no pics, but steven was quite excited.

nclrclub.jpg

NCLR014

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hey hey now! I've been a fan of Cain for a few years. He's a local boy too! http://www.ufc.com/CainVelasquez MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world. Seeing Cain is akin to some of you guys meeting your favorite baseball or football player.

Yes, thanks to everyone who set this up, thanks to my fellow enthusiasts, good to see all of you again!

Stephen - keep me posted on your family trip idea. I need plenty of planning time to ease my wife into the idea. I'm sure Griff does too.

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Ron,

Great big thanks for coordinating this class with Tread Lightly and NCLR Club. I'm sure there were many details to work out which surely took a large amount of time. Your work with the club is greatly appreciated.

I'll add my own pictures that were taken before the class began.
Brenton & Leigh deep into a LR discussion. Mary preparing for 20 attendees. Now the beginning of the class.

It was good to spend a day better preparing ourselves for the many kinds of situations we may run into in the future on the trails and learning the best way to handle them.

I have an idea for a video PSA but now I need to find a Jeep to play the bad guy.

Attached Files

Edited by MrVideo, 23 March 2010 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users