Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pizza

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
More to come...:P

esteban

esteban

Stephen (NCLR049)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
What a tease!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steve
Burninating the countryside!

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
I can see an ad "Land Rover Delivering Pizza" on the Rubicon Trail! Steven is doing the delivery, his company pizza logo on the shirt, delivered on time...

Wouldn't that be cool!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

PCRover

PCRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
mmmm pizza.... Just say where and when Steven and I am there!
Gary

NCLR002
'94 D90

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
I'm just glad it ain't tacos;)

Congrats!!

Steven, let me know if we can help in any way!

Good Luck!

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
You know what would go great with Tony's beer on the 18th at ArmedForNorcal's lunch at Mexxi's? PIZZA!!!!!!!!

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Now, if this pizzaria is near De Ja Vue's in Stockton....

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Now, if this pizzaria is near De Ja Vue's in Stockton....

N. El Dorado Street and Hammer Lane area

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Well, I had a long update all typed up the other day but was unable to post so here is a short version:

We are scheduled to open April 29th, located at 6105 N. El Dorado Street in Stockton. Great location: 3 elementary schools within 4 blocks, St. Mary's High School one block away, The Ramada 2 blocks away, skate park on the same block, little league fields on the same block, over 10,000 people within a one mile radius, Delta and UOP are a very short drive away, my neighbor across the street is the Fire Captain at the fire station one block away, and we didn't pay the previous owner a dime - waited for him to close... turns out white people don't eat "halal" pizza...:rolleyes:

(Halal food is to Muslims like Kosher is to Jews. My business partner and I ate the halal pizza and it was horrible, we both got sick.)

We have a massive PR/marketing assault plan scheduled for the week we open. Wish us luck!

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
So if I place an order for delivery, will it show up in a Rover? :D

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

esteban

esteban

Stephen (NCLR049)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Congrats and good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steve

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Congratulations Steve!!

Are you having a Grand Opening on the 29th? or just a soft one and the big day later on... I could bring the Fam on the 29th...maybe a Land Rover convoy from the tri-valley.

Best Of Luck!!

(I'm sure you've thought of this in your Marketing plan, but fundraiser nights have been very succesful at mexxis.

20%, we put in 10 and the families contribute another 10).

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Congratulations Steve!!

Are you having a Grand Opening on the 29th? or just a soft one and the big day later on... I could bring the Fam on the 29th...maybe a Land Rover convoy from the tri-valley.

Best Of Luck!!

(I'm sure you've thought of this in your Marketing plan, but fundraiser nights have been very succesful at mexxis.

20%, we put in 10 and the families contribute another 10).

We will have a grand opening a few weeks after we open. Might have a soft opening, just depends on our time line. Both my business partner and I, along with a few friends, know the pizza industry inside and out so we are not too worried about doing a soft opening to iron out the kinks. This will be the 14th store I have put together and the second time I have done one for myself.

Yeah, I have a ton of ideas for PR/marketing. We should get together and share ideas. The trade magazines have been a great source for ideas, plus a few others that I have.

HMBRover

HMBRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
Best of luck, Steven! I think your timing is right. The restaurants around here are perking up a bit. It's a tough business but it sounds like you have the experience to make it go. Do you deliver to HMB?? :D
Brian
2004 Discovery II G4 Edition, "Jack" or "General Lee" or "The General"
KØDTJ
Avatar photo by Ron B; Oregon Discovery Trail 2008
NCLR019

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Best of luck, Steven! I think your timing is right. The restaurants around here are perking up a bit. It's a tough business but it sounds like you have the experience to make it go. Do you deliver to HMB?? :D

Actually, HMB is on our list of places to eventually infiltrate...;)

Pizza sales are rising in this economy. A lot of people used to eat pizza 4 times per month. Now they are eating it 2 - 3 time per month but people who usually eat at higher end eateries are now eating pizza a few times per month. Pizza is one of those foods where you can usually feed the entire family for less than going out to fast food.

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
wtg, Steven

I firmly believe you have the right stuff not only to make great pizza but run a pizza business successfully.

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
if you run a pizza place the same way you drive off road vehicles, well, enough said.

all kidding aside, pretty cool that you've got all the ducks in a row and are set to open your doors. i'm assuming you'll be infiltrating the Santa Cruz area, too, given our dearth of good pizza places and the demographic advantages.

i'm glad to hear you're opening off Hammer Lane because that is usually the place i stop when i'm heading up/down 5.

i do think we should crash the place on a planned date.

good luck with the final prep!

esteban

esteban

Stephen (NCLR049)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

i do think we should crash the place on a planned date.

I'd be down for a road trip/ pizza party!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steve

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Yup, once we are open, come on by. I will be working Friday nights and Saturdays right now. My business partner will be working the other times. I won't be quitting my day job just yet. Although I know we will do well, I don't want to burden the restaurant with having to support two families right away. In fact, I probably won't quit my day job until we have enough put away to open a second parlor.

And on that note, we already have partial financing for a second location.:)

HMBRover

HMBRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Actually, HMB is on our list of places to eventually infiltrate...;)

God knows we need a decent pizza place in HMB. There is only the Straw Hat that has been here since forever (and I've only been to twice in 28 years). We have loads of Mexican eateries and $$$$ fish places, a few fast food (Burger King and McDonalds) and a couple nice Italian places. There are more restaurants than can be supported by the local population so they have to rely to some extent on tourist trade, particularly the fish places. They have been suffering with the economy but a few new ones are opening soon since traffic has picked up to some degree.

If you are serious about HMB, suggest you subscribe to the HMB Review (delivered by mail) to get a feel for the community and competition. Lots of neat stuff here but it's difficult to break into and competition is tough.
Brian
2004 Discovery II G4 Edition, "Jack" or "General Lee" or "The General"
KØDTJ
Avatar photo by Ron B; Oregon Discovery Trail 2008
NCLR019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users