Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Sheriff coming to town

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

jz-is-fishing

jz-is-fishing

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Man it sure looks sweet and clean, sure you want to take it out? I do like the 6 spoke 19" rims they look good on the rig.

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Man it sure looks sweet and clean, sure you want to take it out? I do like the 6 spoke 19" rims they look good on the rig.

got to, only way to keep my sanity ;)

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
My LR3 is currently at Cerrones to exterminate a few minor bugs under warranty :)

1) RS II slim line sliders in possession (Cerrones to install)
2) 4 black powder coated 18" ten spoke wheels in possession
3) Genuine Land Rover G4 Rack and Ladder in possession
4) Requested price quote from corporate supplier for GY Dura Tracs in 275/65-18 and Cooper Zeon LTZ in 285/60-18
5) Sasquatch Rods in possession
6) One 18" ten spoke wheel (spare) in route from AZ and upon arrival will go straight to local paint shop for powder coating

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

jarrodw

jarrodw

NCLR057

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

My LR3 is currently at Cerrones to exterminate a few minor bugs under warranty :)

1) RS II slim line sliders in possession (Cerrones to install)
2) 4 black powder coated 18" ten spoke wheels in possession
3) Genuine Land Rover G4 Rack and Ladder in possession
4) Requested price quote from corporate supplier for GY Dura Tracs in 275/65-18 and Cooper Zeon LTZ in 285/60-18
5) Sasquatch Rods in possession
6) One 18" ten spoke wheel (spare) in route from AZ and upon arrival will go straight to local paint shop for powder coating

I am seriously a slacker. I got my LR3 9 months ago and I have only done the family friendly mods. Dog guard, G4 rack, tow hitch for the Swing Daddy bike rack, rubber mats in all three rows and rear load space mat. I am running new toyo tires that the dealer put on before I bought it. I sipped them and they seems to be good rain and light snow tires, but I am concerned that I will just shred these tires on the trail. Will, I like your list. I look forward to seeing your LR3 join the ranks of the trail ready. I hope to join you guys by next season.

-Jarrod

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

I am concerned that I will just shred these tires on the trail.

only one way to find out :D

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
ok, just put on new shoes with the rod mods....:D
before and after

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Man! That looks Killer!! The height looks perfect. I liked the shot of the stock vs. new shoes shot from the rear. How did the rod install go? 12mm? What a transformation :cool::cool::cool:

Jantiz

Jantiz

Luis (NCLR079)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Now THAT"S what an LR3 is suposed to look like!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
"Sharky" / "Darth Vader"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luis

'07 LR3 SE / '06 LR3 HSE

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Man! That looks Killer!! The height looks perfect. I liked the shot of the stock vs. new shoes shot from the rear. How did the rod install go? 12mm? What a transformation :cool::cool::cool:

10 mm and it took me all of 15 minutes, once I figured out how to remove the stock rods, it was all down hill from there. I made sure both pairs were EXACTLY the same measurement and 10mm shorter than stock

I'm really impressed with the powder coating..... ;)

I even went to purchase new center caps in black LR logo

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Who did the PC and how much?

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Who did the PC and how much?

"Body by Hank" in Watsonville (extreme custom paint/body shop)
they actually outsourced to another custom shop that specializes in PC

I'm talking these wheels are now like 1st place car show quality. I had too only because when I originally brought them home from the CL purchase, my wife said " your not going to keep these are you, look at the bubbling and the paint looks horrible, I would buy new ones, these look like crap"

so I pony'd up $100 per wheel which included stripping of old PO ******up powder job

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
very nice, mr. president, very nice. there will be no mistaking your LR3 in town, that's for sure. i don't think the other SC LR3s will even know you're driving the same vehicle. that ride looks so good now that if we were ever to cross paths, i would be sure to park the 110 down wind so as not to get any of its stink on your truck.

jz-is-fishing

jz-is-fishing

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
They do look good. Nice work Will, once you start it's hard to stop, what's next?

Looking forward to seeing those slim sliders. I'm getting new front lower control arm bushings in tomorrow and hopefully the sway bar bushing shims as well. Seems that has been causing me the knock, if it's anything different I'll post somewhere. I seem to remember, if I'm correct, that you had a knock also.

Cheers Will hope to see the rig, and you also at the morg,, soon

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

very nice, mr. president, very nice. there will be no mistaking your LR3 in town, that's for sure. i don't think the other SC LR3s will even know you're driving the same vehicle. that ride looks so good now that if we were ever to cross paths, i would be sure to park the 110 down wind so as not to get any of its stink on your truck.

speaking of the 110, any thought of saving your current set of off-road tires, I'm sure you can find a set of cheap street tires on CL that will fit........... :P

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

They do look good. Nice work Will, once you start it's hard to stop, what's next?

Looking forward to seeing those slim sliders. I'm getting new front lower control arm bushings in tomorrow and hopefully the sway bar bushing shims as well. Seems that has been causing me the knock, if it's anything different I'll post somewhere. I seem to remember, if I'm correct, that you had a knock also.

Cheers Will hope to see the rig, and you also at the morg,, soon

thanks, John

next, I'll probably work on the known tire clearance issues and mount my roof rack. After that possibly a swing a way spare carrier/rear bumper????

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

speaking of the 110, any thought of saving your current set of off-road tires, I'm sure you can find a set of cheap street tires on CL that will fit........... :P

you will not be getting my vote in the next election. :mad:

jz-is-fishing

jz-is-fishing

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

thanks, John

next, I'll probably work on the known tire clearance issues and mount my roof rack. After that possibly a swing a way spare carrier/rear bumper????

let me know what you think of going for on the rear bumper. it's Kaymar, which needs the oem mudflps to cover the distance or, RTE, or Safari Gard, but i have seen no photos even though i have asked. I think Casey may be overseas.

Rig is looking good. By the way the new bushings on the loweer front controlarms worked geat, I also put the shims on the sway bars. no more knocks when driving over small bumps.

The dealership also aligned the car to the new height - which is real nice. No worries with the warranty - they turned a blind eye.

See ya:)

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
John, little help implementing the following

1) shims on sway bars, source for parts

2) ARB compressor tied to air suspension system as redundancy air source

btw, this Sunday I relocated the rear heater lines and trimmed the panel seams in the fender wells. No more rubbing.....

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

jz-is-fishing

jz-is-fishing

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
How ya going? been awhile since I've had a chance to get out. Got to let Ron know if I can make it to play on the Rubicon next Month. Tiings are looking tight I may not be able to go.

Anyway the Shims are easy to source at the dealership. Cost me 5 bucks i think at the Dealer in Corte Madera, they had them in stock but best to check. i put them in myself. Otherwise i think it is a 2 hour job for them to do it.

Next time I'm in I will try to get them to do the upper control arm too, I just want it a bit tighter and I noticed a bit of rubber being chewed up around the bushing. Probably because tthe lower control arm was so loose.

With the ARB Compressor it is a bit tricky, in some ways. basically my thoughts are to run it straight to the line that goes into the tank. Thh line between the compressor and the tank. ( I just have a T Piece that I can use to do the job. The T piece has a valve just like a tire). this way if you need to fill the airbags it would run from the tank which can handle the pressuure from the ARB. The Tank is suppossed to be 150psi and ARB shuts off at 180 psi, but i believe that is all close enough. Then Presumably from the Tank to the airbags, via the original air compressor and the valves at the front and rear.

Mostly the problems are the height sensors themselves and I have heard that LR has used 6 different airpumps for the LR3 trying to get theright one. I gues they have it figured out now anyway.

Hey with the sliders, which I really would like to see, you may want to see about where to locate the T Piece for the airline. Otherwise in an emergency you will have to drop the sliders. i suppose you could run a line to the slot openings ( in th eslider) near the original air compressor.

Hey now I have not tested this theory of mine, but ran it by the technician and got the "Yeah Ok that would work" from him. I have been too lazy to drop the slider, to see. Although I have the parts with me in the rig. All you are doing ids filling the tank.

Hey if you can check it with Tony. i am keen to have this confirmed.

Good job on the heater lines. It is also on my list to do. Great little easy mod that one. Very useful.

Give me a buzz if you want i think yopu have my number.

Cheers
JZ

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
John, thanks for the input

planning the ARB install I need to focus on the following

1) Location of ARB compressor
2) Location of on/off switch and routing of electrical lines
3) Point of connection of ARB air supply line and routing to air tank
4) Location of power source and routing of electrical lines

Secondary thoughts

1) shrader valve on a tee in supply line for 3rd source of air supply?
2) Check valve between factory compressor and air tank?
3) Check valve between ARB compressor and air tank?

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users